Tuesday, March 14, 2006

For Ammutbite...




...who, for the present, has moved on to greener pastures. I'm hoping he will choose to rear his head again after returning from the Sisters of Mercy show in Chicago tonight (envy) and the 69 Eyes (I can't wait) show here in KC on Thursday, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Up first, "Perpetual Torment."

I was not a part of the creation of this piece, done on a pile of stone that supported portions of the ASB bridge before they rebuilt parts of it in the mid 1980s. I wish I had been there for it. Ammutbite and the Left Alan (see below) did this one. Unfortunately, these shots don't do it justice, and the color shots I had of it (taken in the afternoon -- these were shot at dusk and illuminated by the Zeromobile's headlights) disappeared, and these are all I have left.

It sat at the roadside under the bridge on Guinotte St. for about eight months, when it was smashed into smaller stones and hauled away.

More when I get time...

1 Comments:

Blogger Ammutbite said...

Thanks, Markie DeSade. i haven't moved on to greener pastures --just got into LJ posting excessively, at the expense of too many other activities --so it was time to stop.I'll still keep updating the fauxtoes.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home